Our family's heart is filled with the hope of our calling in Christ Jesus and we want to share! Our home town and now Hope Clinic is where we are called. We want to share our adventure with you!

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Heard from Jeff a few times this week but haven't had time to post with two sons playing baseball in two different states and making 350 cupcakes for a wedding today!  I'm trying to squeeze in a quick post before frosting this morning!  Here is a piece of an email I just received this am...

"Rounded this am on many patients. A little two yr old died last pm from malaria despite getting a blood transfusion and two days of treatment. Very sad... Can't wait to tell you the story of how our paraplegic pt disappeared in the middle of the night and then came back three days later... so many stories...
 
Went to town with Moses (say MO-ees) this am to help with shopping for food and clothes for those who lost their homes. He told me to hide behind the back of the shops while he bargained for items because if they saw the white man, they would raise the prices. Once he had finished bartering, he would call me and I would help him pack the stuff back to the truck. He bought me a cold Coke for my work, and we had a good time laughing our way thru the market. I even got to carry two live chickens thru the market back to the truck. Fortunately, my chickens didn't poop on me like they did on Moses!
 
Just going to relax this afternoon, read a little, study more French, etc."

Here's a bit from one a couple of days ago...

"We have clinic today--have begun to really enjoy clinic because of the wacky variety of things we see. Used to scare me to death... Jean (surgeon) and Jairus (nurse anesthetist) have begun to take Friday afternoons off for administrative duties, so if we get done by noon, we all plan to head for town and hang out for awhile. Hoping to schedule a few cases for next week to continue to keep the hospital full.
 
Had dinner with Jon and Anja and Moses and Noe last pm. I was honored to sit in on a naming ceremony for a two week old boy. The family named him after Jon(the eighth kid in NZao named after him!). Can't wait to describe that event to you and the boys...
 
Rumors of more fighting to occur after Ramadan is over. Fortunately it ends on the eighth, and I will already be in Liberia. Am already praying for my friends here at the clinic and NZao, that it will remain a haven of peace and for the Christians in NZerekore that God will shield them from harm. "

That about describes the last week, at least all the details I got!  I copied almost the whole emails!  I just left out the baseball wishes, the "love you's" and the like!  Thanks for praying for him!

I know he'd love for you to pray for our friend Ryan LeBreton as well.  He shattered his wrist 2 weeks ago, had 2 emergency surgeries and then another more reconstructive surgery just yesterday.  It went well we hear.  Jeff wishes he were here to give you a kiss Ryan!!

Jeff is due home in one week.  Pray the fighting holds off until he is on his way home!
Jen for Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment