Our family's heart is filled with the hope of our calling in Christ Jesus and we want to share! Our home town and now Hope Clinic is where we are called. We want to share our adventure with you!

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Fantastic First Day

What a great first day! I met with the entire clinic staff at 7:30 am for a devotional time which included prayer, music, and a short lesson from I Kings 6 (all in French). Then Dr. Jean Yaraduondo, their general surgeon, was cordial enough to give me a tour of the clinic prior to lending me the keys to his office in order to leave for a conference in Kenya. Monday's are dedicated to clinic evaluations and allowed me to see 10 new pts with the help of my translator, Jairus, who is the nurse anesthetist. The variety of cases is amazing, lending itself to a busy dat in the OR tomorrow and hopefully the rest of the week as well. the clinic shuts down promptly at 4:30pm, which allowed me to catch up on a small bit of paperwork and do some light reading on African dermatological diseases(I've never been good with rashes!). My thoughts turn now towards a good night's rest having not slept more than 4hrs/day since my departure. Jen should be able to post pics on the blog soon. Thank you all, Jeff

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jeff, so glad to hear of your safe travels and your great first day. We miss you, of course, but glad you are able to serve our God in a wonderous way. Today (Mon) is turning out to be a very busy day with the boys. Being out of school doesn't mean inactivity. So happy we can be here to help Jen. Our prayers are with you. Love, Judi. (It's 45 deg. at 10 am)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the up date! Glad you arrived safely and you are feeling welcomed by the staff. Get some rest! Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your smile says it all! What a beautiful tropical setting with such a lovely room to welcome you. Praying you get some good rest so you will enjoy every minute of the work God has given you these next few weeks. I'm expecting you to come home with a heart full of compassion for the people there. Praying for your steady hands as surgery starts tomorrow. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete