Our family's heart is filled with the hope of our calling in Christ Jesus and we want to share! Our home town and now Hope Clinic is where we are called. We want to share our adventure with you!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hey Y'all,
      This is my first attempt at blogging and hope that it will be informative and a blessing to all who read it.  The arrangements for this trip have come about like a whirlwind, and now it is 48 hrs until departure.  I hope some of you have visited the Hope Clinic website in Guinea to experience a taste of what these amazing folks have accomplished in just a few short years in order to provide medical care and spiritual guidance to this region in Guinea.

      Many of you have asked for prayer requests from me.  I would offer the obvious requests: safety while traveling, freedom from illness, peace in our household while dad is gone, and opportunities to be of help both medically and spiritually.  My task is to perform surgery, but I hope to do so while respecting the current system that is in place, and to avoid cultural mishaps.  Also, I have the opportunity to take many valuable medical and plumbing supplies with me, and selfishly, I hope that they arrive to the clinic unharmed.  I covet your thoughts and prayers during this journey.

      Please understand that I will do my best to respond to any of you who wish to follow along on the blog.  If I don't respond efficiently, please remember the internet service may be less than reliable, much like what we experience at times here in the gorge.  Also, remember, that this blog is meant to serve as an introduction to all who read to allow for you to consider your own opportunities to serve abroad in the future.

God Bless, Jeff











2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a great trip! Go check it out to see if we can go serve as a team from our church! Okay, maybe that is far fetched... or maybe not?!
    Jen, keep us posted on how things are going for you too.
    Praying for you both. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woke up praying for you this morning. Looking forward to reading and hearing all about your adventures! Love you bro,
    Jill for all of us

    ReplyDelete