Our family's heart is filled with the hope of our calling in Christ Jesus and we want to share! Our home town and now Hope Clinic is where we are called. We want to share our adventure with you!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Have arrived safely

Hello everyone! I just arrived in Guinea safely with no trouble along the way. Did have some interesting things occur while trying to get thru customs, but all the luggage arrived, and nothing was taken. I even got away without having to pay any bribes. We plan to make the two day drive to the Clinic tomorrow in one fell swoop so that I can meet with the surgeon there before he leaves for 3 weeks on holiday. I thank you all for your earnest prayers-- they were recognized all along the journey. My task now is to get a few hours of sleep before arising at 4 am to drive across the country. I don't have any pics to share as yet because the national futball team won today, and the city was rather dangerous tonight, and thus I kept my camera in its case to avoid any altercations. Goodbye for now Jeff

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Jeff,
    Hope you slept well. I hope the roads are not too jarring. Close your eyes and imagine yourself on your road bike going down a mountain bike trail.
    Praying for your protection and safety! God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred, thx for the love, my friend! All is well here in Guinea. Work begins tomorrow. Will publish a better update tomorrow when the dust has settled. God bless, Jeff

      Delete
  2. Thanking God for your safe travels thus far. We will be praying for your journey tomorrow. It's great to read your update! Love you!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx sis! Your thoughts and prayers have been recognized. Love to all 5 of you! Jeff

    ReplyDelete