Our family's heart is filled with the hope of our calling in Christ Jesus and we want to share! Our home town and now Hope Clinic is where we are called. We want to share our adventure with you!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Safe and Sound in Guinea

The Lord was by our sides every step of the way across the pond. The flights were smooth, and fairly close to on time, allowing us to arrive safely in Conakry shortly before 5pm. I'm certain the guys are grateful that we will be no where near an airport for several weeks. All of our luggage arrived safely, with the exception of my bag, but all the medical supplies arrived safely. Fortunately the boys have some extra clothes I can borrow until my bag arrives sometime in the next two weeks. I knew I brought them for a purpose! I would recommend waiting to give Dramamine to teenagers until after boarding the plane, as "pretreating" them 15 minutes before boarding almost caused me to have to carry them on board! Fortunately they slept great, and are now sleeping again. We leave at 5am tomorrow am to make a 12 hour truck ride to Faranah, to stay with the Anderson's, a missionary family that has generously offered to drive us that far. We will stay all day Monday with them, and then proceed on to Hope on Tuesday. This will allow us to begin serving at Hope on Wed am. It is good to be back in Guinea again. The culture here is fascinating, and at the same time, shocking as well. The opportunity to demonstrate Christ's love here is incredible. We will be without Internet service for the next two and a half days, but will fire up the blog again on Tuesday pm after our arrival at Hope. I thank you for all of your prayers for us, and know we will be praying for you as well.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a safe journey to Hope Clinic and had some time to sleep. Praying your bag makes it, your sons are a few sizes smaller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made it safely, I forgot how bad those roads were... Hoping to catch up on sleep tonight. Fortunately, Con like to wear his shirts a little bigger... Should hear something tomorrow about the bag. Thanks for your prayers, and note of encouragement.

      Delete