Our family's heart is filled with the hope of our calling in Christ Jesus and we want to share! Our home town and now Hope Clinic is where we are called. We want to share our adventure with you!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Home Sweet Home

The Lord allowed me to return safely last night, on time, with all but one of my bags, but fortunately the gifts for Jen and the kids did arrive, and the other bag will arrive in due time. I have already Emailed a response to Dr. Jean at Hope concerning some of our patients, and will continue to work with him from the States as is necessary. He sent xrays of Modey's femur, which is well-aligned, and appears to be healing well. All other pts are thriving and soon will be able to return home. I had an opportunity to review all of my pics from the trip with Jen this am, and hope to share these with as many of you as possible.

I'm not sure how to adequately summarize this trip in a manner that does the entire experience the justice it deserves.  I suppose that is why the Lord didn't ask me to be a full-time author.  I am grateful to all of you as my blogging family for your support and prayers, and for those of you who reached out to my family while I was away. Most of all, I am grateful to God for demonstrating to me the true definition of sacrifices of love, undeniable joy, and unexplainable peace.  It would be impossible to have left Guinea the same man that I was when I left, and for that fact, I am humbled. Hope Clinic, and the faithful staff, have left a lasting impression on my life, and I will remain faithful to do whatever I can, both here and upon my return there, to serve the Lord in whatever capacity He so desires. I have many goals-- to learn French, to coordinate the opportunity to bring laparoscopy and endoscopy to Hope, to take many of you with me in the future and let God completely transform your lives as He has done mine, but most of all, to remain diligent in praying for Hope and the nation of Guinea.

I am eternally grateful to all who have read and prayed.  God bless, Jeff

1 comment: